Knutson excited about spring golf season

Fri, 06 Apr 2018

As the spring golf season starts very soon, Jenna Knutson, a junior on the women’s golf team, is excited to get back out on the grass. This season could be a very exciting one for the Jimmies women’s golf team. Many great things could happen at a lot of the tournaments they are going to play in this spring.

March 24 was the start of the golf season for the women’s golf team as they headed to Kearney, Neb., for a tournament on Saturday and Sunday. Knutson is very excited to start the season and she feels she and the team are ready to play. The team has been working hard over the winter, and she feels it is going to be a great spring golf season.

The results from the first spring tournament went so well, and the Jimmies finished seventh out of nine teams, but everyone played very well for the first tournament of the season.

Knutson, who is from Boulder, Colo., is enjoying her time playing golf and going to school at the University of Jamestown. She said she really enjoys playing golf for UJ.
This season the team will be playing in four tournaments and hopefully make it to nationals in May as well. The team will be traveling to Nebraska, North Dakota and Minnesota.

Knutson said she is most excited for the conference tournament in April because they are currently leading the tournament by four shots with 36 holes to play. They have a very good chance at making it to nationals and the last time the women’s golf team made it to nationals was in 2015.

The weather this spring has not been good golfing weather, and Knutson is really hoping that the weather holds out and is decent for spring. The golf team just played a tournament in 30-degree weather, so they can handle the cold weather.

Knutson couldn’t be more excited for a great spring and the season to begin. She is ready to play some great golf outside and not just practice inside all the time. The team has been stuck inside practicing because of the winter months in North Dakota.