Jamestown offers local shopping options

Jamestown offers local shopping options

Fri, 08 Dec 2017

By Alexis Young

In a small town, shopping can be scarce. But in Jamestown, there are a variety of options for college students to venture off campus. From locally owned boutiques to thrift stores, the choices are unique.
University of Jamestown sophomore Hattie Scherer prefers to spend her time at the local thrift stores.
“As a college student and on a budget, it is nice to have a cheaper option,” she said about the local stores.
Inside the city limits of Jamestown, there are two main thrift stores. One is located across the street from Grizzly’s, and the other is beside Dairy Queen. Both provide affordable and unique items that range from clothing and dishes to decorations.
Along with thrift stores, there are a variety of boutiques around town. One of these locally owned stores is Junk in the Trunk, a small boutique located in downtown Jamestown.
Danica Brekkan, a junior at UJ, said she enjoys going to Junk in the Trunk because it has “a lot of cute things and you can find so many things for cheap.” Items in the store range from clothes to antiques to a wide selection of jewelry.
Other stores in the area range from Gifts From the Heart, which is a locally owned boutique that is located in downtown Jamestown, and there is a local mall that is home to larger chain stores.
With the weather cooling off and the holiday season approaching, local shops are open and ready for business.