Easy-to-make snacks for the holiday season

Fri, 08 Dec 2017

By Amber Robinson

Snow is falling and the Christmas season is calling. I’ve been enjoying being in the kitchen even more lately due to this wonderful time of year. This month I have selected some delicious recipes that have a healthier twist but are still perfect for satisfying that sweet tooth over this holiday season.
Peanut Butter Fudge
Ingredients:
2 to 3 cups of chocolate (I used Enjoy Life’s mega chunks)
3/4 cup of peanut butter (I used PB2)
You can use whatever brands you prefer for chocolate or peanut butter. I simply used these two brands for their simple ingredient lists as a healthier alternative to most other brands. Also this recipe works with other nut butters and even seed butters in case of a peanut allergy.
Instructions:
Warm your stove and melt the chocolate. Make sure to set the stove on a lower heat to avoid burning the chocolate and remember to stir often. Do this until the chocolate is smooth and melted completely.
Then turn off your stove and add the peanut butter. Mix together evenly.
Next place your ingredients in your choice of pan. I recommend keeping in mind fudge can be sticky so choose a nonstick pan or layer the pan with parchment paper. Then place the pan in the freezer for about three hours. Then you are ready to serve!
Chocolate Cherry Truffles
Ingredients:
3 cups of chocolate (again I used Enjoys Life’s mega chunks)
1 cup of oats
1.5 cups of frozen cherries
Instructions:
Thaw cherries.
Place oats in a blender and blend until ground into fine texture. Then add thawed cherries and blend until the texture resembles that of cookie dough. Then take the mix out and roll it into small spheres.
Warm your chocolate on the stove on a low heat and stir often until smooth.
Then dip the cherry centers into the chocolate, covering them with a thin layer of the chocolate.
Last, place the truffles in the freezers for at least three hours, and they’ll be ready to serve!